Kimono: Foreign Exchange (old; found other option) – Tank: Liz Lange Maternity – Jeans: Jessica Simpson Maternity (sold out; found other option) – Shoes: Just Fab (sold out; shared similar here) – Sunglasses (sold out), Bag (sold out; found similar), Necklace: Nordstrom – Lipstick: MAC Media
I am officially 9 months pregnant (and boy, do I feel like it lol)… So I thought why not get a little dressed up and celebrate this milestone of my pregnancy?! Although, I was too lazy to put on some eye make-up but that’s what sunnies are for! Haha. I am officially on maternity leave and so thrilled to be able to spend some quality time with Scarlett and my husband Leo as a family of 3. I am honestly done with being preggo so if baby Landon wants to come earlier than his due date (May 26th), I’m totally fine with that! 🙂
Any way, I love Liz Lange Maternity tank tops from Target! They are so stretchy yet retain the shape. I have a few in different colors. Best part? They’re only $12 each! I probably should’ve worn a different color against the white background so you could see how ready to pop I am! LOL. I love pairing tanks with kimonos or loose sweaters. Since it was a warm afternoon, I went with a short sleeve kimono that I got a couple years ago.
My ripped jeans are Jessica Simpson Maternity and are the over-the-bump kind. Love these jeans for a casual look. I needed to feel a little less frumpy so I wore my fave peep toe booties from Just Fab. They are super comfy but tbh, they’re feeling a little snug on me lol. I hope my feet don’t swell as much as they did when I was pregnant with Scarlett. I’m actually surprised that my normal shoes have fit me this far along into my pregnancy.
Ok so… I’m in love with my new cross body bag from Nordstrom B.P… it was only $38! I couldn’t find it online but I linked one really similar for around the same price! Talk about a great gift for your mom for Mother’s Day! Since it is inexpensive, why not give her the simple gold chevron necklace I’m wearing from Nordstrom too.. only $12! Go grab them before they’re gone!
Well, thanks for stopping by! Enjoy your weekend!
(Added Scarlett’s nail polishes to my nail polish collection haha)
Okay seriously how freakin’ cute is the neon pink nail polish on Scarlett’s fingernails & toenails?! I just can’t. The first time I put Piggy Paint nail polish on her, my husband Leo and I were dying of laughter cause it was too darn cute and funny at the same time LOL. Since I am a nail polish addict myself, I ordered a set of 3 colors for her online as soon as I found out that they are safe for babies. If you have a daughter, I totally recommend these polishes if you want to paint her nails! 🙂 You can purchase the same set I got here!
Here’s why I love and trust Piggy Paint:
- Low odor
- Water-based formula
- Variety of fun colors
- Safe for use during pregnancy
I used 2 coats of the polish on her nails. I haven’t had to use nail polish remover on them because they chip off naturally (faster on the fingernails but that’s fine). Although, I did purchase this organic lavender nail polish remover just in case I do need to remove the nail polish on her. I linked both items below!
P.S. I painted her nails then took those pictures while she was knocked out during her nap time. She would never let me do this when she’s awake! Haha
1. 4moms Infant tub – 2. Ergo Four Position 360 Baby Carrier in Camel/Black and Infant Insert – 3. Maxi-Cosi Infant Car Seat – 4. Snuggle Me Organic Infant Lounging and Bed-Sharing Cushion – 5. MAM Bottles and Starter Pacifiers
With my baby shower this past Sunday, we were able to get a bunch of necessities for our baby boy who’s due in about 5 weeks! It’s so funny how different it is with baby #2. When I was pregnant with Scarlett, I literally went in store and scanned every adorable item in sight LOL. But after having one child already, we were able to see what we really needed and what we didn’t. Since we live in a condo with a toddler who has more stuff than we do, I really had to limit myself to what I feel like we needed. Aside from all the diapers, wipes, blankies, baby boy clothing and of course, gift cards, that I LOVED receiving from our baby shower… these were definite must-haves!
- 4moms Infant tub – We had this for Scarlett and loved it! We actually sold it after she outgrew it (obviously, baby #2 was unplanned lol). I love how it shows the temperature and how it has a side drain that lets dirty water flow out as clean water flows in.
- Ergo 360 Carrier – I heard such great things about this carrier. With Scarlett, I used a Sakura Bloom ring sling which we both loved up until she was about 4-5 months. I decided to jump on the bandwagon and go with the Ergo 360 (and infant insert) with baby Landon. What’s great is that we can actually use it with Scarlett too!
- Maxi-Cosi Infant Car Seat – I fell in love with the quality of this brand when I was shopping for a new car seat for Scarlett (I ended up getting her the Maxi-Cosi Pria 85 Convertible Car Seat). I knew I had to get the infant one this time around!
- Snuggle Me Cushion – My husband and I decided to co-sleep with Scarlett. She just wouldn’t sleep in her bassinet and being extremely sleep deprived and desperate, I let her sleep with us and she just slept so much better. Honestly, we still wouldn’t have it any other way! I’m totally not looking to debate about sleeping habits 🙂 I believe we mamas do what works best for our families! We plan to co-sleep with Landon too and I found this on Amazon. Can’t wait to use it!
- MAM bottles and Starter Pacifiers – I breastfed Scarlett until she was almost 9 months old. She was EBF until I had to go back to work and that’s when we tried different bottle brands until she fell in love with the MAM bottles. The nipple shape is different that most brands. I’m hoping baby boy will like this brand as much as Scarlett does! To keep things consistent with the nipple, I got the MAM Starter Pacifiers too.
I’m so excited about these products and for baby Landon to arrive! Two big things that are still on my shopping list though are… the 4moms Mamaroo and the UPPAbaby 2015 G-LINK Stroller! 🙂
Anything else I should add to my list for Baby #2?!
Dress: Asos (sold out; found other options I love) – Shoes: Sam Edelman – Bracelet: Nordstrom
Yesterday was my Baby Shower for baby Landon who is due in about 5 weeks! We had it at Templars Hall in Old Poway Park here in San Diego. I absolutely loved the charming and scenic location and venue! There are lots of beautiful spots to take pictures, including an old railroad! I’ll have to come back and take a bunch of Scarlett’s pictures since she wanted nothing to do with pictures outside today lol. The venue itself was a historic building but really well-maintained. Since it was a warm day in sunny San Diego, thank goodness for the AC in there… I’m literally a human heater right about now!
Any way, I got the dress I wore from Asos. I just love the cold shoulder style with the detail on the neckline! I liked how flowy and feminine it was too. Surprisingly, I didn’t have to get it hemmed either #shortpeopleproblems! Being 35 weeks preggo, I totally look wider so I decided to wear my Sam Edelman nude lace-up sandals to hopefully create the illusion of being longer haha. Btw, they are currently on sale right now at Nordy’s! I want the black ones too!!
Hope you all had a fabulous weekend! Thanks to everyone who came today to shower us with love! And of course, special thanks to my family for ALL their help with planning this celebration!
P.S. Sorry for the quality of the photos! They aren’t as “crisp” haha… taken on my iPhone!
Dress: Brandy Melville (similar here) – Sunglasses: Nordstrom BP (shared here)
Dress: Leith – Jacket: Blank NYC – Shoes: Just Fab (similar here; shared here)
Flannel: Mossimo Supply Co. (similar here) – Tank: Liz Lange Maternity – Pants: Topshop Maternity (shared here)- Sandals: Target (shared here)
Dress: Free People – Shoes: H&M (similar here; shared here)
Happy Friday, everyone!
It’s a busy day for me as it’s my baby shower on Sunday. I’m totally the type that has to be a part of party planning even though it’s supposed to be thrown for me LOL. Shoutout to my little sisters and sister-in-law for all their help and dealing with my crazy party planning self 🙂 Any way, I’ll be posting pictures from the baby shower next week! If you want to be a part of the fun, follow me on Snapchat: rainaelegado. Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for stopping by!
P.S. If you’re on Instagram, feel free to follow me here 🙂