Okay, you guys… laundry and I do not get along! I mean, is there any one out there that actually enjoys doing laundry?! If so, I NEED to meet you! Haha. If I had to choose, my favorite part would have to be throwing all the dirty clothes in the washer and… that’s about it. Lol. With a family of 4, laundry piles up quickly and I’m tired of spending hours all in one day washing, folding and putting away tons of clothing.
One thing I have loved when it comes to washing my kids clothes are these Baby Laundry Detergent Strips that Dapple Baby sent to me recently! I literally just have to throw in half a strip or one whole strip into the washer and it will dissolve away as it cleans the clothes. What’s awesome is that these were made for moms by moms so it’s completely baby-friendly. It’s also fragrance free and hypoallergenic. I’m totally going to use these to wash all the newborn clothing for baby #3 too 🙂
Dapple Baby has been an awesome addition to my laundry life but there were still other things I needed to help lessen the load (pun intended lol) I figured that with all the mommy blogs out there, I’m sure there has to be some tips for this mama! Of course there were soooo… here are my favorite that I will definitely incorporate this week:
- Do laundry more frequently. – AMEN to this! At our old condo, laundry would literally be stacked up close to the ceiling (I’m exaggerating but it did get pretty high) and when we moved into a house, I didn’t want a whole day to be consumed by laundry. So ever since we moved in, I do a load every few days. Huge Help!
- Keep yourself preoccupied when folding clothes. – Yes! Put on your favorite TV show and fold away.
- Invest in a divided hamper/multiple bins and a “right away” bin. – Headed to Target tomorrow to get this done! I currently separate clothes right before I do laundry so this will definitely save me time. Oh and the “right away” bin is genius! I teach dance every day so I constantly need to wash my work shirts and maternity leggings so this would be so helpful.
- Have a “socks only” bin. – OMG. Why didn’t I think of this sooner?! We’ll see if this eliminates socks randomly disappearing during laundry time haha.
- Get the hubby involved. – I never asked my husband to fold or put away his clothes cause I just wanted to do it for him but as soon as kids came along, it became too overwhelming. I still fold his clothes but he puts them away. Thank goodness!
- Try Dapple Baby Laundry Detergent Strips. – It makes it so easy for all the kids clothes and it reassures us mamas that it’s safe for them too! What I love is that it’s great to take on-the-go! They offer a bunch of other cleaning products too.. check them out here!
Am I missing anything on my list?! What helps you “lessen the load”?
*This post was in collaboration with Dapple Baby. As always, all opinions are my own.