Where are all my fellow nursing mamas at?! I seriously spend a majority of my day breastfeeding Liam and pumping. Thankfully I have a freezer stash growing so that he can still be EBF (exclusively breastfed) when I start working again at the end of October. Don’t get me wrong… I am not saying “breast is best” because let’s be real, FED is best!
I was able to breastfeed Scarlett until she was about 8-9 months old. I had to supplement with formula when she was around 6 months though because my supply wasn’t enough. With Landon, I was able to breastfeed him for only 3-4 months because my supply completely dropped after I started a new position at work and I forgot to pump on schedule. Currently, it’s going strong with Liam but it is only the first month so we’ll see! I’ll definitely try my best to breastfeed him until he is a year old.
Here’s what I’m consuming to help boost my breastmilk supply:
- Water – Staying hydrated is key! I’ve never been thirstier in my life too btw… haha
- Oatmeal – Thank goodness I’m already obsessed with oatmeal! I love to have it peanut butter, bananas, and ground cinnamon… hearty & delish!
- Cookies – OK, before you head to the store to buy oreos and chips ahoy… I’m talking about special lactation cookies lol! Google ‘lactation cookies’ and find the recipe that sounds good to you. There are a ton on the web!
- Nuts – Anyone else love nuts?! My faves are almonds and pistachios. My go-to trail mix from Trader Joe’s has both of these, it’s called “Omega Trek” …you’re welcome!
- Other foods you can add to your meals: Garlic, Carrots & Ginger
Am I missing anything?! Let me know in the comments!
Btw, this I am still loving my Multiwear Summer Tank Cardimom Open Weave Sweater! I wore it when I was pregnant because it’s super comfy but now I can use it as a nursing cover too… so convenient! Plus you can wear it 2 ways: as a tunic (above) and a sleeveless cardigan (below). Obsessed. Click here to shop!
Happy Hump Day everyone! Thanks for stopping by!
*This post was sponsored by Multiwear. As always, all opinions are my own.
Kudos for being dedicated to breastfeeding/pumping as long as it is working for you and baby! When I went back to work FT and had to pump 3 times a day I drank a cup of the Earth Mama Angel Baby Milkmaid tea a few times a day and that really helped my supply!
Awesome!! Thanks for the tips Leah, I’m definitely going to look into those! 🙂 xo
Granola bars that contained nuts and cranberries were a life savour! When Kaiden was about 4 months old, I caught a stomach bug and couldn’t keep anything down for 3 days. I still breastfed him but my supply decreased tremendously. Granola bars helped me boost my supply in no time and we have been EBF for 6 months now! 🙂
Priscilla Barton says
You have a post preggo glow in these pics. The color goes well with your skin tone. Loving seeing you post 3rd baby!
! Granola bars helped me rise my supplying in no meter and we give been EBF for 6 months now!
Omg I literally am obsessed with granola bars lately. I eat like 3 a day! Lol. Thank you!!