I seriously lost count of how many times I went to Target during my Maternity Leave! Lol. When I was pregnant, I used the excuse of going to “walk the baby out” and now it’s to get some “me time” even though I usually have a kid or 2 with me LOL. I’m sure we all are guilty of buying so much more stuff than what we came in to Target for and I have your solution… bring a carseat with you and place it in the cart! Seriously, you won’t have room for anything lol.
All jokes aside though, this Binxy Baby shopping cart hammock has been a lifesaver! I tried it for the first time this week and it has been a game changer. I wish I had it with my first 2 babies! It’s super portable and so easy to put on a cart. Liam felt like he was cradled and looked so comfortable. Not only was I able to see him at all times but I had room for everything on my grocery list… whew!
They fit most shopping carts and they come in super cute prints too! It’s only $40 and totes worth it. What’s great too is if your baby is sound asleep in their car seat and you want them to stay asleep at the store… the hammock can actually hold your car seat too (up to 50 pounds)!! It’s a win-win, your baby stays asleep but you don’t lose cart space. Woohoo!
Get 10% off your order here! Not to mention, they make great gifts for mamas!
*This post was sponsored by Binxy Baby. As always, all opinions are my own.
The Love to Dream Swaddle UP is definitely not your typical swaddle that you see every day so I was completely intrigued and couldn’t wait to try it with Liam! Scarlett hated to be swaddled, Landon LOVED it and Liam… not so much (I mean, at least the typical way with arms down and wrapped with a swaddle blanket). I couldn’t wait to see if this product really worked for a baby who didn’t like to be swaddled ever since we took him home from the hospital haha. Plus, I’ve only really used swaddles that you have to wrap so I was excited that this was just a “put the baby in and zip it up” type of thing because I truly sucked at swaddling lol.
Alright so about the Love to Dream Swaddle UP… first of all, the fabric is super soft and breathable which I love. I also like the fact that it’s a little stretchy so Liam can still move around a bit. I got the size Small which is for babies 0-3 months. This size fit Liam perfectly and he looked so comfortable in it.
OK soooo… I can honestly say he did sleep longer in this swaddle (like, I woke up feeling somewhat rested haha)! You know for a mom with a newborn that’s almost unheard of. It makes so much sense though, babies have their hands by their face in the womb and when they sleep, they always move their hands to their face and mouth to self soothe. The Love to Dream Swaddle UP is a total game changer! I wish I knew about it when Scarlett was a newborn because we probably would’ve been able to actually SLEEP! Haha.
What’s awesome too is that Love to Dream has swaddles specific for age groups. They even have sleep suits and sleep bags for toddlers that I may I have to get for Landon. Check them out! These swaddles would make the perfect gift for a mama-to-be as well 🙂 Oh and there’s also an organic version too!
P.S. If you have Amazon, you’re in luck! These swaddles are available on there. Click here!
*This post was sponsored by Love to Dream. As always, all opinions are my own.
Where are all my fellow nursing mamas at?! I seriously spend a majority of my day breastfeeding Liam and pumping. Thankfully I have a freezer stash growing so that he can still be EBF (exclusively breastfed) when I start working again at the end of October. Don’t get me wrong… I am not saying “breast is best” because let’s be real, FED is best!
I was able to breastfeed Scarlett until she was about 8-9 months old. I had to supplement with formula when she was around 6 months though because my supply wasn’t enough. With Landon, I was able to breastfeed him for only 3-4 months because my supply completely dropped after I started a new position at work and I forgot to pump on schedule. Currently, it’s going strong with Liam but it is only the first month so we’ll see! I’ll definitely try my best to breastfeed him until he is a year old.
Here’s what I’m consuming to help boost my breastmilk supply:
- Water – Staying hydrated is key! I’ve never been thirstier in my life too btw… haha
- Oatmeal – Thank goodness I’m already obsessed with oatmeal! I love to have it peanut butter, bananas, and ground cinnamon… hearty & delish!
- Cookies – OK, before you head to the store to buy oreos and chips ahoy… I’m talking about special lactation cookies lol! Google ‘lactation cookies’ and find the recipe that sounds good to you. There are a ton on the web!
- Nuts – Anyone else love nuts?! My faves are almonds and pistachios. My go-to trail mix from Trader Joe’s has both of these, it’s called “Omega Trek” …you’re welcome!
- Other foods you can add to your meals: Garlic, Carrots & Ginger
Am I missing anything?! Let me know in the comments!
Btw, this I am still loving my Multiwear Summer Tank Cardimom Open Weave Sweater! I wore it when I was pregnant because it’s super comfy but now I can use it as a nursing cover too… so convenient! Plus you can wear it 2 ways: as a tunic (above) and a sleeveless cardigan (below). Obsessed. Click here to shop!
Happy Hump Day everyone! Thanks for stopping by!
*This post was sponsored by Multiwear. As always, all opinions are my own.
One – Two – Three – Four – Five – Six – Seven – Eight
I just love baby products that are eco-friendly/organic because it’s so reassuring to know that they are extra safe for your baby, which is always a good thing! There are already so many things that parents need to worry about so eco-friendly products can give us a peace of mind.
Here are some of my absolute favorite eco-friendly products that I currently use:
- Snuggle Me Organic Co-Sleeping Lounger – This has been a lifesaver when Landon (baby #2) was a newborn. He literally slept like a baby in it *pun intended haha* no but really, he was able to stay sleeping longer which is any mama’s dream. I’ve been using this for Liam (baby #3) and it’s still working wonders.
- Bambo Nature Diapers – Yes, I am a brand ambassador for Bambo Nature but I truly did fall in love with their diapers! I would not represent a brand that I truly love. They’re super soft and absorbent. I also love that they even have the strip on them that turns blue when they’re wet. All 3 of my babies are currently wearing these! Scarlett is a size 5, Landon a size 4, and Liam in a size 1 (they’re smallest size).
- Bambo Nature Wipes – I love that these wipes are organic which is perfect for sensitive baby skin. They’re fragrance free and won’t cause any skin irritation.
- Organic Muslin Swaddle Blankets – Omg these are SO soft and, not to mention, organic! I got these for Liam and when I first felt them, I knew they were perfect for a newborn. I mean… do they make some in adult size?! Lol. I love the prints too!
- Organic Cotton Newborn Mittens – I got these for all 3 of my babies because newborns love to put their hands by their faces so I wanted fabric that would be safe for their precious skin. These are perf!
- Honest Company Organic Healing Balm – So I’ve been using this product ever since Scarlett was born and have continued to use it for Landon, and now, Liam too. This stuff is amazing… it has organically cured sunburns, rashes and skin irritations overnight.
- babyganics All Purpose Surface Wipes – I love surface wipes because it’s so convenient and perfect to clean surfaces quickly. This is perfect when you have little ones in the house because it doesn’t have that strong chemical smell that Clorox wipes have.
- Babo Botanicals 3-in-1 Hand and Body Cleansing Wipes – First of all, these smell amazing… I’m obsessed with the fresh lavender scent! I love keeping a pack of these in the baby bag because it’s perfect for cleaning the kids’ hands and/or face when we’re out and about. I use them for myself too… win-win.
Have any of you tried any of these products before?! Am I missing anything on my list? Let me know! I’m always down to try new eco-friendly products.
Have a wonderful weekend!
*I get commission for purchases or clicks made through links in this post.
This is my 3rd year (in a row) pumping and I can’t believe I made it through months of pumping without these 2 products… the Bravado Designs Clip & Pump Hands Free Nursing Accessory and BeauGen Breast Pump Cushions! They totally just make my pumping experience so much better.
The Bravado Designs Clip & Pump Hands Free Nursing Accessory has been a lifesaver! With 3 kids under 3, I really can’t afford the time and effort of having to pump while actually holding the pumps. I need my hands free at all times haha… btw, I may or may not be pumping as I type this blog post lol (kidding). What’s awesome is that this just clips into any Bravado nursing bras, how convenient! They are super comfortable… I literally lived in them during my last couple weeks of pregnancy too. Honestly, I don’t know how I survived without this product the past 2 times I had to pump. If you don’t already own Bravado Design nursing bras or nursing tanks, you need at least one of each! They are sold at Nordstrom too 😉
So about these BeauGen Breast Pump Cushions…. let’s be real, the breast pump can get pretty uncomfortable at times, especially at the end of the day when you’ve already pumped like a million times. These pump cushions give you added comfort and they fit with most major breast pump brands. They fit perfectly in my Medela breast pump. Once you start using these pump cushions, you’ll never want to go without them again. You can purchase them here 🙂
P.S. My absolute favorite breast pump that I’ve been using since I was pumping for Scarlett is the Medela Pump in Style Advanced Breast Pump with On-The-Go Tote! It’s perfect for those of you who work or are always on-the-go and having to pump at other places.
*This post was sponsored by Bravado Designs and BeauGen. As always, all opinions are my own.
I can’t believe I’m officially in my thirties! I remember being in high school and thinking 30 was sooo far away (lol) and now I’m here. I heard 30 is the new 20 though?! We’ll see… My twenties was so amazing that I wanted to take some time to reflect on a decade full of wonderful memories. I mean within these past 10 years, I graduated college and became a mom of 3 under 3 haha. So let’s take a little trip down my memory lane…
2007 (20 years old): Leo and I celebrated our one year anniversary at Disneyland
2008 (21 years old): Celebrated my 21st birthday with my family and close friends in Palm Springs
2009 (22 years old): Completed internships at KUSI and 10 News
2010 (23 years old): Graduated from Cal State Fullerton (I double majored in Dance and Communications with an emphasis in Broadcast Journalism) and I started teaching Pure Barre
2011 (24 years old): Leo and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary at Wilson Creek Winery in Temecula then he proposed to me at his house with our families and close friends present
2012 (25 years old): Got married!
2013 (26 years old): Got my dream side gig as a Dance Team Coach and started working at the amazing charter school I currently work at
2014 (27 years old): Found out I was pregnant and that it’s a girl!
2015 (28 years old): Scarlett Rae was born and officially made me a mommy
2016 (29 years old): Landon Leo was born in June, started my blog and got my dream position at work as the “Musical Production Coordinator”
2017 (30 years old): Liam Eric was born in August
I’m so incredibly grateful for this life I am blessed with and I’m looking forward to what God has in store for my thirties 🙂
Have a wonderful weekend everyone! Thanks for stopping by xo