I’m sure there a lot of mixed feelings about this whole COVID-19 ordeal but one thing we can probably agree on is that it’s complete insanity! With all the craziness of my kids’ school, dance studio and husband’s work being closed plus the uncertainty of what’s to come, it’s easy to go insane! Not to mention, the kids will be cooped up inside the house like 95% of the day (I plan to take them on walks if the weather allows), things can get cray cray!
Here some tips to help you keep your sanity during the COVID-19 Quarantine:
- Create a schedule that works for you and your family. I’ve seen helpful schedules for kids floating around the internet, specifically during this COVID-19 time. They’re great but realistically, they didn’t work for my family. So I made one for us! I put it on my calendar and will hope to follow it starting tomorrow. I can go to bed with a calm mind too knowing that I have a game plan for the weekdays. Here are some free learning sources for your kids too: ABC Mouse, Scholastic Learn At Home, Printable Worksheets.
- Make some time for YOU, if possible. If you can, take like 30min-1 hour away from the kids and doing something that makes you happy. Luckily my husband will be home these next few weeks, so I make sure to give myself one hour to take some time for myself. Every time I do this, I always come back to my kids refreshed and more energized.
- Work out and get your body moving! Literally no excuse for this one… With all the tools available for you to work out at home, seriously there’s no excuse haha. I have worked out with the kids climbing on me, talking to me, bugging me and trying to workout with me lol but I got it in. I would say try for 30min every week day but if you can’t, there are so many YouTube videos for like a quick 15-20min workout, in all levels. NO EXCUSE. Plus you won’t regret the workout and you’ll feel so good after. Trust me. I use the Future Fit App and I love that I can get my personal training from my Coach in San Francisco here at home! LMK if you want a guest pass for one free month, I only have a few!
- Eat healthy but treat yo’self. It’s so important to give your body the proper nutrients that it need. If possible, try to make healthier choices for the most part. I mean I know I’d feel so lazy if I just ate junk every day being home. Whenever I eat healthy, I feel energized. Although, I am a firm believe in treating yourself too but in moderation. I know I’d be so unhappy if I deprived myself of some daily treats haha. Oh and don’t forget to drink lots of water and stay hydrated!
- Use this time wisely. You know all the things you had on your never ending to-do list that you never got to do because of kids’ drop-offs, extra curricular activities, no time, etc. Do it now! It’s the perfect time to knock those things off your list. I’m definitely going to be decluttering and organizing more, like purging and deep organizing. Wisely is subjective too… if there’s been some shows on your binge list for awhile but you never had the time, now’s the time to do it too! Lol.
- Count your blessings 🙂 When things get insane cause they probably will since we’ll be stuck at home way more than I’d like… just remember to count your blessings! I feel very blessed to be able to work from home and provide for my family as blogger and even just having a roof over my head and food in the kitchen and a family to lean on. It goes back to the simple things. I can’t help but think of all the small businesses that will suffer during this time, the homeless who don’t have a safe haven, the people who don’t have people to call for help or support, the people who still have to work during this time and risking their health, the kids whose parents relied on their schools to feed them and the list goes on. Count your blessings y’all! And don’t forget to BE KIND and STAY SAFE!
Leave a Reply