If it weren’t for the quarantine, I would definitely still be getting my nails done and have my acrylics on. Fun fact, I used to be in to doing my own nails… like it was an obsession of mine. With kids and a hectic schedule, it was just better for me to get my nails done because I hate when my nails chip and I usually don’t have the time to pain my nails a couple times a week. Because of the given situation, it left me no choice. Not gonna lie, I am enjoying it even it means doing them at like 2am.
I figured it’s time to share my current fave DIY mani products. Another fun fact, my very FIRST post on my blog was a DIY mani products post then I did another one a couple years ago (click here). If you look back it, you can see a couple of the products there that I still use now.
Here are my must-haves for a DIY mani:
- CND Solar Oil – the best cuticle oil that will keep your mani looking fresh
- Londontown Base Coat & Top Coat – these make my polish stay on longer and look like they’re gel
- OPI rapidry – I mean, doing your nails is already time consuming so this is a must to help them dry faster
- Nail Nipper – perfect to trim cuticles
- GSQ by Glamsquad Buffer – I use this to prep my nails for the base coat
- Nail file – because duh?!
- Olive & June The Poppy Manicure Tool – Gives you a better, more comfortable grip for your nail polishes, love this!
- Electric Nail file 5in1 – love this to trim my cuticles too! It’s faster than a nipper but be careful! Not gonna lie, the sound of it reminds me of a nail salon too lol
- Small make-up brush – a must to clean off the polish off your cuticles… a cheap one will do
- Cuticle pusher – a must to clean up those cuticles before polishing your nails
- Sally Hansen Instant Cuticle Remover – been using this since FOREVER! I’ve tried a couple others but nothing compares!
- Nail Clipper – self explanatory
Leave a Reply