For those who know me, they know that I am obsessed with nail polish. I literally have over a hundred of them in all brands and all shades. My hubby actually made me a nail polish rack that we have hung up on our bathroom wall (thanks babe, you da best). Before mommy life, I would change my nail color every other day because I would get tired of the color I had on and can’t stand chipped nail polish. Nowadays, I’d be lucky to have time to do my nails once a week (insert crying emoji here, lol). For years, I have received compliments on my diy manicures (manis for short) so I thought why not do my first blog post on my fave nail products, share how to I do my manis, and my nail polish swatch of “Miami Beet” by OPI.
My diy mani products:
My diy mani steps:
- OPI Natural Nail Base CoatPut Instant Cuticle Remover by Sally Hansen on your cuticles and leave it on for about 15 seconds.
- Push cuticles back with a cuticle pusher.
- Rinse hands with warm soapy water.
- Trim cuticles with a cuticle nipper (please be very careful).
- Buff nails with a nail buffer block.
- Put one coat of OPI Natural Nail Base Coat.
- Depending on the colored nail polish you use, put either 2 or 3 coats on.
- Allow some time to let nails dry.
- Apply one coat of CND Vinylux Weekly Top Coat.
- After about a minute of putting on the top coat, spray OPI Rapidry Spray on each nail.
Maintain your cuticles between manis by applying CND Cuticle Eraser on your cuticles a couple times a day. Trust me, it’s a miracle worker!