One thing I love about being a WAHM is the flexibility. Before kids, I truly enjoyed arts and crafts. Fun fact for ya, I used to make DIY greeting cards. I’ve always been a creative person so now that I have a little (a little is emphasized btw because kids… lol), I love making little goodie bags for the kids’ teachers on holidays. On Halloween, I gave them candy filled gloves and they were a hit!
I made them Thanksgiving themed goodie bags for Thanksgiving. They’re simple but a bit tedious if I were to be honest with you. They’re so cute though! If you’re hosting Thanksgiving this year, they would make the perfect goodie bags for your guests or even little decor around the kitchen 🙂
Here’s what you need to make them (I’ll also link the exact things I got from Amazon at the bottom of the post):
- Scissors (sharper the better, I couldn’t find my sharp scissors so I used Scarlett’s kid scissors. Never again lol).
- Brown mini gift tags (or any gift tags) – I wanted to handwrite a personal message so I just got blank ones
- Twine (or colored ribbon of your choice)
- Raffia Ribbon
- Peanut M&M’s (or whatever type of M&M’s you prefer)
Ok so here are the step-by-step instructions:
- Remove all of the blue M&M’s! Let’s be real, they don’t go with the Thanksgiving color scheme. Plus they make a good little snack while you make the goodie bags haha.
- Gather all of your M&M’s and put them in the bags first so you make sure you have the M&M’s spread out evenly. Sadly, I had much less than I had wanted lol. Just a buy more than you think then you should be good and might be able to skip this step haha. I had to make sure that the M&M’s I had would be evenly spread out for 9 bags.
- Add the raffia ribbon. It’s really up to you how long you want them and how much you want to put. I like to go an inch or two past the top of the bag. Just make sure the raffia doesn’t outweigh the M&M’s. When putting the raffia in, push it all the way to the bottom so it gets secure.
- Tie it with the twine and double knot it was least. Make sure you tie it super tight. After the twine is secure, I like to spread out the bag and raffia just a tad. Add your gift tag and you are donezo!
Well there ya have it! Super simple but making these does require some patience! Lol. Thanks for stopping by! 🙂