My last day of work before going on Maternity Leave is TOMORROW! I can’t believe it’s time to go on leave again. Let’s just say I’m so thankful to work for an amazing boss who has always supported all 3 of my back-to-back pregnancies haha. This time I actually worked to almost 38 weeks. People asked me why I didn’t go on leave right at 36 weeks and it’s because of my position at work at the busy time it is right now.
I’m a Musical Production Coordinator/Dance Teacher at a charter school and this time of the year (summer) is super busy for my department because we put on a show a month right after school starts. We really utilize the summer vacation time to get most of the dance practices in. I just didn’t have it in me to go on leave right away if I felt that I am able to work. I love what I do, the school I work at and my students so I wanted to make sure everything will be okay once I leave. After I give birth, I’m sure I’ll be popping in to the practices here and there though just to make sure everything is going as planned and that my dancers are getting “show ready!”
Things I’m looking forward to during Maternity Leave:
- Spending quality time during the day with my husband and kids which I normally miss out on during the weekdays
- Plan activities for the kids (I already have a Pinterest board of ideas haha)
- Take Scarlett to dance classes
- Get into full on nesting mode and get everything ready for baby’s arrival
- OH and give birth to a new baby boy! DUH!
- Have my whole birthday month (August) off and plan some birthday festivities
- Focus a lot on growing my blog (hopefully it’ll get a make-over) and social media
- Work out, go hiking, and take yoga classes once I’m cleared to work out
Btw, I am in love with this super cute maternity top from PinkBlush! I mean, isn’t it just darling?! …from the crochet detail on the sleeves to the flattering loose fit and the perfect pinkish beige color! I’ve gotten so many compliments on it! Click here to shop!
Thanks for stopping by!
*This post was sponsored by PinkBlush. As always, all opinions are my own.