So I always got asked these questions when I was working: “1. how do you all that you’re doing and 2. how’s life with 3 little kids?” My answers before were always 1. having balance and a supportive, hands-on husband and 2. life with 3 kids is crazy lol. Now as a WAHM (work at home mom), my answers stay the same but my everyday life is much different. It’s been almost 2 weeks since I quit the job I loved to be at home with my kids and the first week was a true transition week… I binged watched Game of Thrones, slept around 3am, slept in til like 10am (thanks hubby), and fed the kids as much mac n cheese their little hearts desired (lol, it’s the easiest to cook).
Now that I’m entering week 3 of my new season of life, it’s time to get serious and get into a set schedule. My ideal schedule would be:
- Me waking up 2 hours before the kids get up to send/respond to e-mails, take product shots, get ready if I need to take pictures that day or what have you… just need to get that time to myself before the kids wake up. It’s so important.
- Feed the kids breakfast
- Morning playtime together
- Outdoor activity (pool, park or walk)
- Lunch time
- Nap time (HOPEFULLY – I’ve been on a mission to get these kids to nap at a decent time and all the same time and it’s been a hit or miss and not consistent… so we’ll see if I can accomplish this. It would be a great time to get some cleaning done at this time)
- Play time/TV time
- Gym (kids love the Kids Klub at LA Fitness so this is always a win-win)
- Dinner and play time
- Bed time
- Peace and quiet time for me and my husband before we sleep
Obviously, this is IDEAL. I’ll do an update next month to let you know how we’re holding up 🙂 If you missed my post about why I quit my job, click here. Have a great week!