So I’ve been pregnant 3 times in a row and each pregnancy was different for me. One thing I’m super thankful for is that I didn’t have extreme morning sickness for any of my pregnancies… it was just nausea at its worst! Whew. Any way, I get a lot of questions from preggo mamas since after being pregnant 3 times, I should have all the answers to any pregnancy question right? Well, I don’t lol. But there are definitely things that I feel confident in giving advice for because of my experiences. Here are my top 10 for ya!:
- Stay active. Try to keep up with what you normally do to stay active, it’s not just healthy for you but also for your growing baby. Don’t start a new exercise that your body isn’t used to of course but even walking for 30 minutes will be beneficial. It could even help with fatigue. One thing that’s great to start when you’re pregnant, even though you have no prior experience, is prenatal yoga! I took prenatal yoga classes when I was pregnant with Scarlett and I was obsessed! I wish I taken them during my other 2 pregnancies but I had babies to take care of that point lol.
- Drink lots of water. As much as keeping yourself hydrated is important when you’re not pregnant, it’s even much more important when you’re drinking water for 2! So splurge on that cute water bottle that you can lug around with you because it’ll make you drink water more (trust me haha). Click here for some super cute ones that I love!
- Take your prenatal vitamin daily. I can’t stress this enough. This is vital for a healthy pregnancy. I loved taking the Olly Prenatal gummies!
- Try to eat healthy. Ok, yeah this is hard cause we all know that preggo cravings are so real which is why I said “try!” Lol. But if you’re not specifically craving something, opt for something healthy and nutritious so that you can treat yourself and your growing baby to that Krispy Kreme donut later.
- Go ahead and have that one cup of coffee/tea per day. During my first pregnancy, I gave up caffeine all together because I didn’t want #firstpregnancyproblems lol. Obviously, if you can give it up then great! But if you drink coffee religiously, like myself, don’t kill yourself by going cold turkey unless your OB specifically said not to drink it. Go get that Starbucks mama-to-be!
- Stop believing everything you read online. When you have questions about your health, contact your healthcare provider! During my first pregnancy, every time I experienced something that I thought was “out of the norm” and after reading articles, I would assume the worst every time which in turned stress me out. Just call the advice nurse to save yourself the unnecessary stress.
- Pack your hospital bag as early as possible. I suggest packing it at latest 35 weeks. For every pregnancy, I had my bag packed with everything I may need. Yes, I overpacked but it was nice to know that I had everything that I might need just in case. My mom taught me to literally think about every possible situation and plan for that so that’s what I did when packing my hospital bag! If you need ideas for what to pack for yourself, check out my past blog post here 🙂 Click here for what to pack for your baby!
- Ask fellow mamas about product recommendations. No one knows mama approved products than actual moms so if you’re not sure what to add to your baby registry… like what you need and what you don’t really need, then ask fellow mamas! I shared my top registry picks here OR you can shop them directly at my “The Mama Shop”category under “Baby Products“
- Don’t spend too much on maternity clothing. They can get SO expensive and you literally wear them for just a few months so what I did is I splurged the basic maternity clothing like a couple pairs of jeans, basic colored tanks, a ton of black maternity leggings and that’s it! When it came to tops and dresses, I just bought them in one or two sizes up so that I can wear them after pregnancy, especially because I love the oversized fit any way AND they’re less expensive . For some preggo fashion inspiration, you can follow my Pinterest board here.
- Take all the bump photos! Pregnancy is such an amazing period of time for a woman… I mean, what a woman’s body is capable of doing (growing a human) will always be so fascinating to me! You won’t be pregnant forever and no matter what you’re currently going through as a preggo, I promise you that there will be some times when you will miss having that bump so capture all the cute preggo shots while you can! You know I did, haha.
Hope this was helpful! If you have some extra advice or questions, let me know!
Hadasah Love | Style To Love says
Such STUNNING photos babe! I absolutely love it…
Have a happy day :)))
Hadasah Love || http://www.styletolove.com