I love discovering new baby brands that work for my kids! Smilo Baby sent me their Small Gift Bundle for Liam and I was immediately obsessed when I received it! The packaging was so cute and I could tell right away that the products were amazing quality. I got 3 large baby bottles, 2 medium flow nipples, a bottle cleaner brush, 3 stage 1 pacifiers, 3 stage 2 pacifiers and an extremely soft baby blanket. What’s even better is that their products were made by parents who are also doctors, scientists and engineers so they know exactly what babies need/like!
Ok first let’s talk about their baby bottles… I love their simple design and that there aren’t a million pieces to clean! Liam latched on to their medium flow nipple with no problem and his feeding time was fuss-free (thank goodness). Their bottle sets even come in purple and teal… so cute! The bottle brush is a great accessory to have as well because it cleaned the bottle easily.
The Smilo Baby pacifiers have been a lifesaver! Liam has been teething and so fussy. He has been using the popular Philips Avent Soothie pacifier but he’s been refusing for the past few weeks. I gave him the Stage 1 pacifier to try and he loved it! I was surprised it wasn’t constantly falling out too. What’s great is that they also sent me their Stage 2 pacifiers that I will probably transition Liam to soon since he’s 3 months. They even have Stage 3 pacifiers for babies who are 9 months and older! So awesome.
Mamas, you gotta check out Smilo Baby! Their products are perfect for your growing baby because they come in different stages that are perfect for your baby’s development. Not to mention, their bundles make the perfect gift for any mama or mama-to-be. They even come with an extremely soft baby blanket! Scarlett loves blankies so when she saw and felt the Smilo Baby blanket, she instantly claimed it for herself lol. I mean I wouldn’t blame her… I wish it came in adult size! Haha.
*Thank you Smilo Baby for sponsoring this post! As always, all opinions are my own.
What’s in my November 2017 “All You” Glam Bag?
- tarte Deluxe Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Feisty
- Codage Paris Scrubbing Cream
- Benefit Cosmetics They’re Real! Mascara Lengthening & Volumizing Mascara
- Clark’s Botanicals Deep Moisture Mask
- Crown Brush C141 Small Chisel Blush
tarte Deluxe Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Feisty
I love when ipsy throws in products from brands that are already established… like tarte! This a great brand and their products are awesome. This blush is beautiful and perfect for Fall because it’s a bit on the darker side and it’s matte!
Codage Paris Scrubbing Cream
I love exfoliating my skin so this was fun to try. It’s made with tiny rice particles which I don’t think I’ve ever tried in a skincare product. It definitely made my skin feel good and smooth after!
Benefit Cosmetics They’re Real! Mascara Lengthening & Volumizing Mascara
Yay I was so happy to receive this as I’ve heard such great things about this mascara! It totally lived up to the hype. The many tiny bristles helped get the mascara on all my lashes, it held the curl and it stayed on all day which is a major plus because I hate when mascara starts flaking off. I highly recommend this!
Clark’s Botanicals Deep Moisture Mask
This would be perfect for those who have dry skin, especially during the winter season. My skin is more on the oily side so I don’t usually need skin products that provide deep moisture but I tried this one any way and it’s a good product! What’s awesome is that you can leave it on overnight too. I’ll definitely be using this on those days when my skin needs some extra love.
Crown Brush C141 Small Chisel Blush
Ok this is my new favorite blush brush!! I never knew a firmer blush brush would be so much better. I have one that’s on the softer side so this is nice to really get your blush where you want it. Love!
I was pleasantly surprised with this glam bag. When I first got it and saw what I got, I wasn’t really feeling the skincare products since I’m loyal to my Philosophy products but they turned out great. My favorite product would have to be the mascara! 🙂 Click here if you want to sign up for Ipsy for only $10/month!
One – Two – Three – Four – Five – Six – Seven – Eight – Nine
I finally got my first pairs of Diff Eyewear sunnies and I’m obsessed! I’m sure you’ve seen your fave bachelor stars promote them on their IG too which is how I discovered the brand. The price range is perfect since the designer sunglasses are too much of a splurge for me and the cheap ones tend to break… these are perfect, price and quality! I shared some more of my fave ones by them! I have the Becky sunnies in black and gold (#3 & 4). Which one/s your fave?!
Wow, exaclty 5 years ago today Leo and I got married! It’s so crazy to think that 5 years have gone by already… I mean, time does fly when you’re having fun AND adding a baby to your family every year for the past 3 years haha. Looking back at our wedding photo next to our most recent family photo with our 3 kids brings me so much joy and it makes my heart is so full! I’m SO thankful to have an amazing husband and 3 beautiful kids who I can’t imagine life without.
Our marriage isn’t perfect, no relationship is, BUT I am very proud to say that we do work on bettering our marriage every day. In honor of our wedding anniversary, Leo and I sat down last night and talked about marriage tips that we can share after having 5 years of experience 🙂
- Be nice to each other. As simple as that sounds, it does take some effort on those days where you’re just not in the mood and in my case, when I’m “hangry” or extremely sleep deprived haha. Being nice just goes a long way and thinking before you speak can prevent an unnecessary argument.
- Communicate. I can be the first one to admit that I tend to hint things or expect Leo to know what I’m feeling or what I want him to do but it’s always better to communicate directly so there’s no misunderstanding.
- Don’t sweep things under the rug. If there are things that are bothering you, talk about them when you both are in a good mood. Work toward fixing whatever issues you may have so that you both can be truly happy.
- Know your own weaknesses/flaws. Leo and I know exactly what our weaknesses are and what we need to work on personally. We try to help each other be the better version of ourselves by working on strengthening our weaknesses.
- Make time for each other. This is so important especially when you have a baby. It’s easy to give all your effort to your children but you can’t forget about each other. It doesn’t have to be a date night somewhere (even though that would be nice) but even if it’s just setting a time at the end of the day to talk and update each other about your day is perfect.
- Take time for yourself. You need to spend time to do things you love to do and what makes you happy. Taking care of yourself first will help you be a better spouse and parent.
- Change things up. It’s so easy to get stuck in a schedule, especially with kids, but do something spontaneous every now and then.
- Apologize. When you’re at fault, rather than being defensive, admit you were wrong and apologize.
- It’s all about the little things. Do something for your spouse that they normally do for themselves like wake up earlier to make their coffee or when you know that they’re extra tired one day, do the rest of the chores at home so they can unwind.
- Always remember the person you fell in love with. Life happens and people change as you go through life experiences but don’t forget the reason why you fell in love with them in the first place.
Those are the Top 10 we came up with after having 5 years of marriage experience. Let me know some more marriage tips that I didn’t list. I would love to hear them, especially from those of you have been married longer!
Thanks for stopping by. Happy Friday!! xo
I seriously can’t get enough of subscription boxes because it feels like Christmas every time they arrive on my front porch. There’s obviously a ton of beauty ones and a bunch of subscription boxes for kids are popping up to but… I was so excited to hear about one for your faith called Faithbox! How cool is it to receive a box every month that you can use to exercise your Christian faith and support businesses in the Christian community.
My favorite item from this month’s FaithBox is the book “Goliath Must Fall” by Louie Giglio! I used to read a lot of books by Christian authors in college but ever since becoming a mom and doing everything else I do on top of my motherly duties, it’s hard to find the time. Getting this book will definitely force me to read because this book is perfect for my life right now! Funny how that works out lol.
You should definitely check them out! It’s only $25 per box and not only are there awesome things inside but you also support those who share the same faith as you. Click here!
Happy almost Friday!!!
*This post was sponsored by Faithbox. As always, all opinions are my own.
^ Shirt: Worship Worthy – Shorts: Urban Outfitters (old; similar)
I just want to take some time to shout out all the mamas out there doing the best they can! Being on maternity leave for 3 months truly let me experience the life of a stay-at-home mom with multiple kids and let me tell you, it ain’t easy! As a working mom, it’s tough to have to work all day then go home to start your 2nd job which is taking care of the kids with no time to rest. Both have their challenges so I just want to shoutout all the amazing mamas out there.. whether you are a SAHM, work from home mom or part-time/full-time working mom… You are ALL worthy! ❤
Ever since becoming a mom of 3 under 3, I’ve been asked so many questions from fellow mamas and followers so I decided to answer the most frequently asked ones in a blog post! 🙂 If there’s anything I missed and something you’d like to know, just leave your question in the comments.
How’s life with 3 kids?
- Um… crazy!! Lol. No but really, some days are harder than others. There are times during the day when it’s just absolute chaos for an hour straight because all 3 kids need me but when it’s actually calm (like when all kids are finally tired and resting), I am able to have time to truly appreciate how blessed I am to have 3 little bundles of joy. The good times and the joy that each of them give me definitely outweigh the times I want to pull my hair out haha.
How do you seem to have it all together and handling 3 kids, a job, and a blog like a champ?
- Let’s see… I don’t! Lol. Keyword: “seem.” I’m still trying to get the hang of everything as a new mom of 3 kids. It’s funny because I was just getting the hang of working full-time with 2 kids under 2 then I got pregnant with Liam. I’m sure I’ll get into a good flow soon though! It helps to have a husband who is very hands-on with the kids and supports me as part-time blogger too.
What’s the hardest part about having 3 under 3?
- Trying to find quality time with each of them! Landon wakes up the earliest so I get some special time with him in the morning before Scarlett wakes up.
Do you work full-time?
- I actually cut 10 hours from my work week to have more time with the kids so I work 6 hours a day. I like it so much better. I have an amazing boss who is super thoughtful and I even got to adjust my hours on the days Scarlett has dance class so that I’m able to still take her.
Who watches the kids when you’re at work?
- My husband’s grandparents! We are truly blessed. Leo starts work in the afternoon so he drops them off to his grandparents’ place around 2 and I meet them there when I get off around 4:30.
What are the kids’ sleep schedules?
- It’s been all over the place ever since Liam’s been born. Lately, Liam has been sleeping through the night which is amazing. Landon sleeps around 10pm and Scarlett at midnight (YES, I know it’s super late but she sleeps in). We have been trying to get her on the same schedule as Landon though since that works best for our family. Ideally, both of them would be asleep by 10pm so that Leo and I could spend quality time with each other or get some things done before we go to bed.
Are you on a diet?
- I haven’t put myself on a strict healthy diet yet but will soon! I eat healthy meals for the most part but I also indulge and not hold back on my guilty pleasure cravings lol. I actually started the BBG program by Kayla Itsines a couple months ago but it was hard to stay on schedule with my broken sleep and taking care of the 3 kids while my husband was at work. Now that I am slowly but surely getting used to my life with 3 kids and being back at work. I definitely lost a lot of weight from breastfeeding and dancing at work. I plan to get on a healthy diet and meal prep either next week OR after Thanksgiving because let’s be real… haha.
Well there ya have it! I would love to do future posts with new questions so just let me know. Happy Tuesday! xo