Happy Thanksgiving guys!! I just wanted to share my go-to quick meal, my homemade Italian pasta salad. If you’ve been following me for a while, you know I hate cooking lol. My husband is the cook of the family so most of the time, I get meals prepped for me. Although, my husband works and I do have to feed myself and the kids haha. I always try to look for filling meals that don’t take a lot of effort or time.
Here’s what you need:
- Tri-color rotini pasta (depends on how many servings you want to make)
- Italian dressing ( I love the Newman’s Own one)
- Banana Peppers (already cut)
- Can(s) of diced olives
- Pepper jack cheese
- Red onion
I don’t have a specific amount of each ingredient because I make it to taste. Everyone is different, someone might love olives and want extra or if you’re like me, I just need a tiny amount of olives to add the taste but I’m not a major fan haha. You get it.
Here’s how to make it:
- Boil the pasta
- Drain the pasta
- Let the pasta cool – I usually let it cool on the counter for like 30 minutes. If you need to speed up the process, throw it in the fridge.
- Chop everything up to your desired size (salame, pepper jack cheese and onion)
- Throw everything into the bowl of chilled pasta
- Add your desired amount of Italian dressing
- Mix it all up
- Devour – YUM
Well, there ya have it! Isn’t it so easy?! This was like my go-to meal during the summer. It’s filling and refreshing. If you’re only going to eat one serving but have a ton left over. Keep everything separated and store in fridge 🙂