So I recently just got the Series 5 Apple Watch this past Christmas as a present from my husband but I’ve had my previous one for 4 years. I had the Series 1 which was a present to myself that Christmas lol. Not gonna lie, it isn’t a necessity but for me, it has become one.
Reasons why I love my Apple Watch:
- You can ping your iPhone. I use this feature more than I’d like to admit haha. I ALWAYS misplace my phone and with a simple touch of a button on my watch, I can make my phone ring wherever it is. I’d get an Apple Watch for this reason alone. I use to hate having to get on my computer or laptop and do the whole log in process for iCloud haha.
- It’s always with you. Since you can wear this, it’s tough for you to miss a reminder, alarm, important text message or calls. I love to set timers and reminders on my phone throughout the day because… mom brain. If I didn’t have my watch and refer to #1, I would miss all the timers and reminders and my life would be a hot mess lol.
- You can take pictures on your phone using your watch. This is a major plus. Sometimes when my husband is busy or tending to the kids, I take my own pictures. It’s such a hassle having to run back to your tripod where your phone is every time just to take a picture. I love just pressing a button on my watch.
- You can send text messages and answer/make phone calls on your watch. I love this when it’s an important message or call and my phone isn’t near me. I must say that Siri does get some of my words wrong though and the texts sent from my Apple Watch are usually followed by “Btw I’m texting on my watch.
- It syncs with my workout app. I can control the app through my phone and can move around without having to make sure my phone is right next to me.
- You can use it to pay at Starbucks. The barista can scan your bar code on your watch rather than your phone.
- You can use it to log in at LA Fitness. I loved this one when I was going to the gym. My hands are usually full cause I bring all 3 kids so this is super helpful when I need to check in real quick.
- It tracks your fitness. I love that it counts my steps and how much calories I’ve burned throughout the day.
- Oh and that it’s a watch… LOL. I almost forgot this simple feature. I always check my watch for the time. Otherwise, I’d have to find my phone or go look at clock somewhere around the house.
I’m sure there are WAAAY more features that I don’t know about or use but those reasons alone make my Apple Watch so worth it for me! LMK if there’s something you love about yours that I didn’t list!