This is late but better late than never! I love doing birthday posts for my kids because it’s always nice to look back and have them for memories 🙂 This year he has been completely obsessed with dinosaurs and has even learned to say it pretty clearly this past month. It was only right to have a dinosaur themed birthday. It’s funny that it’s actually a common theme for 4 year olds, hence the “Roar! I’m Four!” theme that’s seen everywhere lol.
It’s been such a special and growing year for Landon. He started school last August and he LOVED it. He got into a groove of being a little school boy and he just adored his teachers. We are in awe of how much he grew and learned at school. With the pandemic that happened a couple months ago, I was worried about his growth but honestly, he still has been doing so well! It definitely helps that Leo is home with us so I can have help with the kids.
Here is the list of my favorite things about Landon:
- He loves to get our attention by calling us (before he just used to tap us). And he knows who his siblings are now and is starting to say their names.
- He loves to follow Scarlett around and play with her. It’s so cute that they’re like besties! He’s also starting to like Liam lol. He randomly hugs him or makes him join them by grabbing his hand and bringing him to them. So sweet!
- He loves to give high 5’s and gives you a thumbs up if you did something good.
- When he’s on his tablet, he’ll go to the camera app and just randomly sit by me to take a selfie.
- I never thought I’d see this day but he loves brushing his teeth! Before he would scream and not open his mouth but now, he comes to the bathroom when I call him and happily brushes his teeth.
- He loves to tell me if he or his siblings spill something. He’ll come up to me and say “uh oh! spill!”
- His favorite shows to watch are “Zig and Sharko” and “Dino Dan.”
- He follows direction very well. He definitely learned this from school.
- Aside from his obsession with dinosaurs, he LOVES trains and cars.
- He gives Leo good massages! Leo will just say “Landon come give me a massage” and he does it and enjoys doing it too.
- He’s very creative. He makes dinosaurs out of anything. Legos, big blocks, clay, play-doh… you name it!
- He loves to play zombie chase with me. Either I’ll be the zombie and chase him or vice versa.
- He enjoys playing in our front yard and just exploring outside. He likes to swim too but not as much as being the front yard. He waves at all the cars and people that pass by too.
- He’s very committed to keeping the whole family together lol. Let me clarify, he gets super sad if it’s just me and him running an errand or if my husband takes the kids out and I stay home. He wants us all to be together. Such a sweet boy.
- He’s kind of scared of dogs right now which just started this year. Hopefully it’s just a phase.
- When I workout, he loves to copy what I’m doing. He’s actually pretty good!
- He loves to make people laugh or laugh at people (we’ll have to work on this one lol). It’s so cute though, he has such a great sense of humor and is a major jokester.
- When something is missing, he will look around for it saying “are you?”
- He still hates getting his haircut by daddy lol. Hopefully I’ll have a more positive update on this next year.
- When he’s thinking of something, he taps his cheek with his finger and say “hmm…”
- He is 100% potty trained and has been for a couple months now! Yay Landon!!!
- He loves to say come on and use his arm to sign it too when he wants us to go with him.
- He still loves to cuddle and is an ultimate mama’s boy.
- He has a smile that lights up the room!
I’m sure I’m missing some more but there ya have it! My Landon is one special little boy and I love him SO much!
We had an intimate birthday celebration at my in-laws and Landon had the time of his life.
It was perfect. He also had all the dinosaurs his heart desired. My close friend Tara from Tara Heather Cake Design gifted Landon his beautiful cake! If you are in San Diego, check her out! I also got questions about where I got Landon’s birthday decor so I linked them below 🙂 Have a great week! xo
P.S. Click here for Landon’s birthday post last year!