My sweet (and super sassy) firstborn is 6 years old and it’s so hard to believe! It’s been a whirlwind of a year, especially for her so I wanted to still throw her a birthday party under the given circumstances. She really wanted a unicorn party with her friends but we had to opt for a drive by. It was so successful and I’m super thankful for all of our family and friends who made Scarlett feel so special on her special day! Before the party, we had a fun little diy photoshoot at home with all the balloons I put together for the balloon arch.
I’m a little late with her birthday post but better than never right? Like every year for every one of my kids birthdays, I list everything that I currently love about them and/or want to remember about them right now.
- Changing her clothes – As if I don’t have enough laundry to do, Scarlett LOVES to change a couple times a day. In her words she needs: morning clothes, dance clothes, workout clothes (she “workouts” with me, PJs).
- Getting ready first thing in the morning – Even though we get to lounge some days, she has to change out of her PJs and get herself ready… hair (and sometimes make-up) included lol.
- Performing – She’s a true performer and will perform on command or on her own, with no hesitation.
- Freestyle Dancing – As much as she loves doing choreography, she truly enjoys freestyling and doing her own moves in all styles!
- Singing – I plan on putting her in singing lessons soon cause she loves it SO much! She has a lot of potential too.
- Taking care of her brothers – She is the sweetest and when I’m preoccupied, she takes initiative when her brothers need something. Sometimes she’ll even tell me to rest and that she can watch her brothers *tear*
- Being mommy & daddy’s little helper – She loves when we give her task and feeling needed around the house.
- Running errands with mommy – This is pretty much our quality time. We go to Target, Starbucks and anywhere else. She always wants to tag along with me 🙂
- Going to dance class – She loves dance so much! She literally takes like 13 classes a week and she still gets excited to go. She has improved drastically in the past couple months.
- Being a “delivery person” – We live down the hall from Leo’s grandma (and his parents) who cooks for the kids on the weekdays. Scarlett will go and pick up food and bring it back home. She always asks for a “payment” lol.
- Organizing – She takes after her daddy who is good at organizing. All of her stuff is always super neat. Her brothers are a whole ‘nother story.
- Cooking breakfast – She loves to help make her eggs and bacon 🙂
- Showing off her flexibility – She is naturally flexible and gets even more flexible by the day. She loves to randomly show off her leg hold or splits just to see people’s reaction.
- Drawing/Coloring – She is actually pretty talented in drawing. I am so amazed! Such a creative little one.
- Her blanket – 6 years and counting!
- Snuggling with Mommy and Daddy – We will take all the snuggles as long as we can! One day she will be “too old” *brb crying*
Thanks for reading! Hopefully we can get back to regular birthday parties soon too!
Scarlett was SO happy that some of her friends from both dance studios (her old one in Temecula and new one in San Diego) came! We also had a bunch of family that drove by and showed Scarlett some love. We are so thankful!