Hi guys! Happy Tuesday. Hope you all are staying healthy, safe and SANE! Lol. Any way, this sudden pause in life has forced me to do things that I would’ve probably never done if I didn’t have the extra time on my hands. Yes, I have the kids 24/7 but my husband is home and I don’t have to get the kids ready for school, drop off and pick up, pack their lunches, no dance classes for Scarlett, etc.
Here’s what I’ve been up to because of the quarantine:
- TikTok – So I’ve actually had TikTok for months now and was just posting my monthly beauty videos on there. I had a collab with TikTok which was the reason why I downloaded the app and made an account. Now I find myself on there more than Instagram lately, which is hard to believe. I have absolutely no specific niche on there anymore either lol. If I see a video I like, then I try and do something similar. I literally just posted a play by play of how I cut a mango LOL… #quarantinelife haha. Click here to follow me on TikTok… I’m still such a newbie!
- Paint my own nails – ^That’s a throwback pic btw! Ok fun fact, before I started getting acrylics again about a year and a half ago, I was OBSESSED with painting my own nails. I had like 150+ nail polishes. I painted my nails like every other day because I hated when they were chipped and well, I had NO kids. I even did all these fun designs too. Even though it was a sad day taking off my acrylics, I did eventually wanted to give my natural nails a break so it worked out. It’s been a few days since then and I’m finally getting used to texting without my long fake nails lol.
- Take walks – I’ve done this time to time with the kids but not as much as we have lately. Having to stay home has made me spend more time hanging out in our front lawn and taking walks around the neighborhood. It was always one of those things on my to-do list that I ended up not being able to do because I get too tired on a normal weekday. Once it gets warmer, we’ll be swimming in our pool!
- Plan lessons and crafts for the kids – My kids are still super young but they were all learning every week day. Scarlett and Landon are in pre-school and they went to school for 4 hours. Liam has in-home lessons and his teachers were here for 2 hours while the older two were in school. That’s a long time dedicated to learning and doing activities so I don’t want the kids to just stop learning so I decided to plan weekly lessons and crafts for them. Click here for this week’s crafts. Click here for DIY play dough.
- Focus on my blog more – As some of you may have noticed, I’ve been able to blog more which was always a goal of mine but life and other priorities always got in the way. Now with more time, I can I write on here more 🙂 I’m probably going to get a new blog design some time soon as well.
I’d love to hear what you’ve been doing during the quarantine. LMK!