Ok I am by no means TikTok famous but I am currently trying to grow my presence on there… follow me please? Lol. Any way, I’ve seen a bunch of TipTok videos sharing tips on the algorithm. Everything is still so new and I’m sure things are currently changing after the fact that everyone and their moms have been joining the app since the quarantine. After following these tips for the past month, I was able to grow my following from 25 to 437 since then. A couple of my videos did go kinda viral with over 30K and over 40K views but no, those didn’t make me TikTok famous lol but I did get a chunk of followers out of them.
Here are the top 10 TikTok growth tips I heard of (in no specific order):
- Use trending or featured music
- Follow the current trends
- Be creative
- Post 2-5 times a day
- Duet with popular TikTok creators (like Charlie and Addison)
- Use hashtags relevant to your post and of course add #fyp #foryoupage #foryou (this is debatable though because some posts end up on the For You page with no hash tags at all
- Find a niche (I have no niche at all and just posting whatever the heck I want. Although after awhile I will look back to see which posts perform better and make more of those)
- Engagement > Followers
- Shorter videos (15 seconds max) tend to perform better
- Let viewers know what your video is about within the first 5 seconds
I’m learning something new everyday so I’ll do an updated post on this in a couple months. If you know of any tips that worked for you, please let me know!
Leave a Reply