I just want to take some time to shout out all the mamas out there doing the best they can! Being on maternity leave for 3 months truly let me experience the life of a stay-at-home mom with multiple kids and let me tell you, it ain’t easy! As a working mom, it’s tough to have to work all day then go home to start your 2nd job which is taking care of the kids with no time to rest. Both have their challenges so I just want to shoutout all the amazing mamas out there.. whether you are a SAHM, work from home mom or part-time/full-time working mom… You are ALL worthy! <3
Ever since becoming a mom of 3 under 3, I’ve been asked so many questions from fellow mamas and followers so I decided to answer the most frequently asked ones in a blog post! 🙂 If there’s anything I missed and something you’d like to know, just leave your question in the comments.
How’s life with 3 kids?
- Um… crazy!! Lol. No but really, some days are harder than others. There are times during the day when it’s just absolute chaos for an hour straight because all 3 kids need me but when it’s actually calm (like when all kids are finally tired and resting), I am able to have time to truly appreciate how blessed I am to have 3 little bundles of joy. The good times and the joy that each of them give me definitely outweigh the times I want to pull my hair out haha.
How do you seem to have it all together and handling 3 kids, a job, and a blog like a champ?
- Let’s see… I don’t! Lol. Keyword: “seem.” I’m still trying to get the hang of everything as a new mom of 3 kids. It’s funny because I was just getting the hang of working full-time with 2 kids under 2 then I got pregnant with Liam. I’m sure I’ll get into a good flow soon though! It helps to have a husband who is very hands-on with the kids and supports me as part-time blogger too.
What’s the hardest part about having 3 under 3?
- Trying to find quality time with each of them! Landon wakes up the earliest so I get some special time with him in the morning before Scarlett wakes up.
Do you work full-time?
- I actually cut 10 hours from my work week to have more time with the kids so I work 6 hours a day. I like it so much better. I have an amazing boss who is super thoughtful and I even got to adjust my hours on the days Scarlett has dance class so that I’m able to still take her.
Who watches the kids when you’re at work?
- My husband’s grandparents! We are truly blessed. Leo starts work in the afternoon so he drops them off to his grandparents’ place around 2 and I meet them there when I get off around 4:30.
What are the kids’ sleep schedules?
- It’s been all over the place ever since Liam’s been born. Lately, Liam has been sleeping through the night which is amazing. Landon sleeps around 10pm and Scarlett at midnight (YES, I know it’s super late but she sleeps in). We have been trying to get her on the same schedule as Landon though since that works best for our family. Ideally, both of them would be asleep by 10pm so that Leo and I could spend quality time with each other or get some things done before we go to bed.
Are you on a diet?
- I haven’t put myself on a strict healthy diet yet but will soon! I eat healthy meals for the most part but I also indulge and not hold back on my guilty pleasure cravings lol. I actually started the BBG program by Kayla Itsines a couple months ago but it was hard to stay on schedule with my broken sleep and taking care of the 3 kids while my husband was at work. Now that I am slowly but surely getting used to my life with 3 kids and being back at work. I definitely lost a lot of weight from breastfeeding and dancing at work. I plan to get on a healthy diet and meal prep either next week OR after Thanksgiving because let’s be real… haha.
Well there ya have it! I would love to do future posts with new questions so just let me know. Happy Tuesday! xo