I can’t believe it’s been almost 4 months since we got back from our cruise! It feels like it was just yesterday but forever at the same time lol. I had major withdrawals for literally 2 weeks. I still miss it and can’t wait to go on another one in the future! I’m finally getting to answer some of the “frequently asked questions” I got on IG! Sorry for the major delay!
How much is the cruise?
- It totally depends on how many people you’re planning to share a room with, what kind of room and where your room is on the ship. So there are a lot of different factors when it comes to pricing. For example, my parents got a stateroom with a ocean view and verandah (a little patio). We got the deluxe family stateroom with an ocean view and verandah. The cost of theirs compared to ours was obviously significant. If you’re looking to go on a cruise but want to spend the least amount, then you can always get a stateroom that doesn’t have an ocean view and verandah and choose a floor that most people don’t want. I heard it’s the lower floors FYI! We were on the 8th floor (the pool deck and food was right above us) and we stayed in the middle of the ship because I heard it has the less movement. I didn’t get sea sick at all by the way but I definitely felt movement the whole time. I think the staterooms at the front and back of the ship are slightly cheaper. You also don’t need to pay everything once you book! You just pay a small percentage of the total.
What’s free on the cruise/included with your reservation?
- All the food and drinks EXCEPT coffee in the adult only coffee shop, alcoholic beverages and specialty restaurants. They do have regular self serve coffee that’s free! They have restaurants that’s reservation only and those are extra. I heard they are amazing! All of the shows and movies in the movie theatre are free. Room service is free, this one was hard to believe at first haha. Kids club is free. I did hear it costs extra for the nursery (babies-3 year olds).
How was the food on the cruise?
- My family and I loved the food on the cruise! The quality was amazing. It was like fine dining every night at dinner. There was always an extensive amount of options for the breakfast and lunch buffets. There are food court style restaurants on Deck 9 that’s open until about 9-10pm daily. If you’re still hungry after all of that, then room service is open 24/7. Just be prepared to gain weight on this cruise! Lol.
How was your room?
- Our stateroom was the Deluxe Family Stateroom with a Verandah. The bed was huge and there is a ton of storage under the bed that fit most of our luggages which was great! It’s obviously smaller than most hotel rooms but it was manageable. The living room area turns into a bunk bed then there’s also another twin bed that comes down from the wall. Our room was perfect for my family of 5. Bathrooms were tiny. Plural because the toilet and shower were in two separate bathrooms right next to each other. There were lots of shelves in the bathrooms and room to store your stuff. As far as cleanliness, it was clean and our stateroom host cleaned it every night while we were at dinner so it was always like brand new when we got back. It was a dream. I did see the suites after we booked our room, they were already sold out, but wow. You gotta check them out on YouTube. It’s definitely pricey but lots of room and just next level.
Is there a difference between the Merrytime cruise and a regular cruise?
- Everything was decked out in Christmas decor for the Merrytime cruise. The characters dressed up in Christmas costumes. Santa was onboard and they sang Christmas carols. I would definitely do the Merrytime cruise again because I love Christmas and Disney just makes everything so magical. I’m sure the regular cruise is just as great though with similar activities minus everything Christmas!
What are the kids’ activities on board?
- There a ton of kids’ activities on board. Most of them happen on the Oceaneer Club, the Kids Club. It’s so cool cause you can see all of the daily activities on the Disney Cruise app. There’s always something to do. Movie theatre, pool area, live shows, and of course, the Oceaneer Club that’s open until 11pm every day!
Is it worth it to book an excursion when on shore?
- YES! We did the Coastal Highlights excursion which included a tour of the Glass Factory, stop at Sunset Monalisa (a restaurant with an incredible view of the ocean), a 20min drive to a little town called San Jose Del Cabo. I chose this one because I wanted to actually go sightseeing in the city. There are other fun excursions, like a beach day, but just make sure it to book it fast because they sell out fast. In our cruise facebook group, there were people who said they wished they booked an excursion. In the contrary, if you don’t book an excursion, you’ll get the whole cruise ship to yourself which sounds pretty cool too! Considering you’ll be on the boat the other days, I definitely think it’s worth it book an excursion! I just posted our Cabo excursion mini vlog here!
Well, I hope you found this helpful! This post was long overdue but now it can be referenced forever for whoever is going on a cruise 🙂 Share with someone you know that’s planning on going on a Disney Cruise soon!
Helpful Items to Purchase: