Before having kids, people with kids always tell me, and continue to tell me, to enjoy every moment even the crazy moments because time flies. Although some days can be extremely longer than others, it’s unbelievable how fast the years fly by. My firstborn, my love, my sweet baby girl who made me a mama is officially 4 years old. Hold on, while I grab a tissue for my tears! Haha. For real though, I get so emotional on every birthday because it’s so bittersweet as my kids get older. I love doing a birthday post of each of them, not only so I can share with you all, but also for me to refer since the mom brain is real thing. I want to be able to remember how they were each year.
Scarlett Rae, AKA my “Bob” (lol I called her this since she was just a few months old cause she always loved watching Minions), has so much sass and is so smart! I don’t know if preschool can handle this one haha. It amazes me every day how much she’s learning. I feel like I’m talking to a little adult who has major teenager attitude. She’ll say things and Leo and I look at each other like, where did she even learn to say that? Lol.
Here are some things she loves to do currently:
- Organize – She cleans up all her toys and organized them so neatly. She gets that from her daddy!
- Sing and Dance – This makes me so happy. She enjoys performing for our family and friends. Most of the time, we don’t even need to ask her. If anything, we have to tell her to stop haha. She has so much emotion in her face when she sings that I’m gonna have to sign her up for Musical Theatre lessons soon. As for dance class, she’s loving it so much and is moving up to the next age group. I’m excited to see her progress even more these next few months!
- Playing with her brothers – Although she gets annoyed of them when they bother her, she loves her baby brothers so much. She is always hugging and kissing them and trying to make them laugh. She is the best older sister ever!
- Change her clothes multiple times a day – Seriously, like at least 3 times a day! She loves expressing herself through clothing now. Too cute. Her favorite thing to wear right now is her Incredibles costume, pink DKNY sweater, her brothers’ clothes, and shorts over leggings.
- Put my make-up on her – Especially lipstick! She currently gets into my make-up and puts lipstick on her lips AND eyelids with my make-up brushes. Omg lol. She’ll come to me when she’s done and say “Mom, do I like Bew-full??”
- Pretend she’s a YouTube Toy Reviewer – She’s obsessed with Ryan Toys Review so every time she opens a new toy, she automatically gets in recording mode (even when she’s not being recorded) and just starts talking. It’s too cute cause she’s so full of personality. Maybe we should make her a YouTube channel??
- Going to Target – Yes, I created a little shopaholic monster. She can spot the Target logo from afar too. Our Target routine involves going to Starbucks inside to get me a coffee and her a cake pop. Our Target trips together and some of my favorite times together.
- Having conversations with adults – People who meet her are always shocked with how much she talks and well she can hold a conversation lol. They are even more shocked when I tell them her age.
- Talk to her stuffed animals and toys – AKA me pretending to be the toys lol. I have mastered doing something else while pretending to be whoever she is talking to.
- Cuddle with her blankie and suck her thumb – Since birth!! Hopefully we can stop the thumb sucking ASAP though haha. It’s still going strong.
I’m sure I’m missing some things but I’ll just add them later as I remember them. Happy Birthday to my Scarlett!!
P.S. Her dress is on major sale and I linked it below along with the shoes she’s wearing in her birthday pics!
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function genesis_share_icon_output() in /home/customer/www/themamaqueen.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/pippa-theme.v.1.1/functions.php:357 Stack trace: #0 /home/customer/www/themamaqueen.com/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(303): pippa_reposition_simple_share('') #1 /home/customer/www/themamaqueen.com/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(327): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array) #2 /home/customer/www/themamaqueen.com/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(470): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #3 /home/customer/www/themamaqueen.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/genesis/lib/structure/loops.php(121): do_action('genesis_entry_c...') #4 /home/customer/www/themamaqueen.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/genesis/lib/structure/loops.php(41): genesis_standard_loop() #5 /home/customer/www/themamaqueen.com/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(303): genesis_do_loop('') #6 /home/customer/www/themamaqueen.com/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(327): WP_Hook->apply_filters in /home/customer/www/themamaqueen.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/pippa-theme.v.1.1/functions.php on line 357