WOW I still can’t believe I was able to complete Whole 30! I honestly didn’t think I could give up my sugary coffee because that was my daily little piece of joy lol. I’m going to answer the questions I’ve been getting in this posts and hope that it helps. I know a few of you mentioned you are planning to do Whole 30.
What did you learn?
- Your taste buds will change! I never realized how much I was so used to sweet coffee so the first time I finally had my creamer in my coffee, it tasted so different! I honestly couldn’t finish the cup. I took like 5 sips to see if it would taste any better. At one point I had to check the expiration date on the creamer (don’t worry it wasn’t expired lol) because it tasted that different.
- There a lot of things we have on a normal basis that is not allowed in Whole 30. And there are SO many things that contain sugar.
- Whole 30 isn’t much of a weight loss and body transformation diet (unless you are limiting your calories and working out of course) but more of an internal cleanse.
How was it?
- It wasn’t too bad honestly! I had to just take it day by day. Obviously some days were harder than others. I think the 3rd week was the toughest for me because I was starting to miss the food I would normally have but couldn’t during Whole 30.
How’s your energy?
- So I heard people’s energy improves during and after Whole 30 which is awesome! Tbh, I don’t remember the last time I had full, great energy. Oh wait, yeah, before kids! Lol. Our daily schedule is a lot while trying to manage working so now when I had to cook every meal, I ended up more tired. That’s just me though. Almost everyone says their energy improves so that’s awesome.
What was the hardest part?
- Obvi giving up my sweet everything. I have a major sweet tooth and can eat healthy meals with no problem just as long as I can have a cookie or a bite of something sweet after. Fruits don’t really cut it as far as satisfying that craving.
- Weekends were especially tough because that’s normally when I treat myself for the week 🙂
- Being the only one in my household not on Whole 30. Imagine making mac n cheese for your kids (adding butter and milk) and your husband having Mexican food (I encouraged him to because of his long work week) next to you. Whew!!! My will power definitely got stronger during Whole 30 though lol.
Did you mess up or cheat at all?
- Well first of all, let me just say I didn’t intentionally cheat. Ok… I can definitely talk about this now but if you asked me the day it happened, it would’ve been too soon lol. So my mother-in-law got me a protein style burger from In-N-Out (you’re allowed to have it with no spread and no cheese). Well, she when she dropped it off I was already starved and it was all covered in lettuce so I just assumed the order was correct. I don’t even remember but I just started eating (it’s been a day lol). When I’m almost done with my burger, spread starts dropping on my plate. Initially I thought it was mustard cause we get mustard instead of spread but NOPE it was orange (not yellow) and had relish. It was spread. I ate almost the whole burger. Their spread has dairy and sugar so I was seriously upset and felt defeated for an hour since we were already on Week 3. I was in a MOOD (ask my husband too) lol. I had a bunch of work to still and deadlines to meet, so I just had to shake it off and move on. I just had 2 hard boiled eggs for dinner ;( Technically you’re supposed to start over if you mess up but tbh, no thanks!
Any tips after completing it?
- Prep your meals ahead of time.
- Making sure my meals were simple and quick to make was a major help.
- Find a group to do it with and start a group chat. Share your meals, tips, feelings with them. It helps cause they know what you’re going through.
- Work out.
If you were to do it again, what would you do differently?
- Calorie count for sure! I didn’t want to make things extra tough for my first time so I didn’t count my calories and kind of ate whatever I wanted as long as it’s Whole 30 approved.
- Limit my intake of fruits. Fruits are allowed but in moderation although I allowed myself to have as many fruits as I wanted. Like I said, it was my first time so I didn’t want to be hard on myself.
Are you going to keep it up?
- No but I definitely found things that I love and will continue to eat after like the banana chia pudding, chocolate coconut cookies, unsweetened spicy ketchup and Terra veggie chips.
What are your plans now that it’s over?
- I’m taking a break the rest of the week until Monday. On Monday, I am going to be calorie counting and eating clean during the weekdays while continuing my workouts. On the weekends, I will treat myself for sure but not go crazy.
Would you do it again?
- Hmm, so I said I would for sure do it again in my half way point post (here) and said I might even do it again before summer but maybe just next year after the holidays again since that’s when I usually let myself go as far as eating healthy. I usually eat healthy enough for the most part so limiting my calories and working out hard will work until then!
Hope this helps! xoxo
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function genesis_share_icon_output() in /home/customer/www/themamaqueen.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/pippa-theme.v.1.1/functions.php:357 Stack trace: #0 /home/customer/www/themamaqueen.com/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(303): pippa_reposition_simple_share('') #1 /home/customer/www/themamaqueen.com/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(327): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array) #2 /home/customer/www/themamaqueen.com/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(470): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #3 /home/customer/www/themamaqueen.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/genesis/lib/structure/loops.php(121): do_action('genesis_entry_c...') #4 /home/customer/www/themamaqueen.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/genesis/lib/structure/loops.php(41): genesis_standard_loop() #5 /home/customer/www/themamaqueen.com/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(303): genesis_do_loop('') #6 /home/customer/www/themamaqueen.com/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(327): WP_Hook->apply_filters in /home/customer/www/themamaqueen.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/pippa-theme.v.1.1/functions.php on line 357