Hi! So we went on the Disney Wonder Merrytime Cruise to Cabo San Lucas last week and I’m already itching to go on another Disney Cruise! Since I have so much to share, I decided to do a bunch of separate posts than one novel lol. Here are things that I found super helpful to prep for our cruise:
Download the Disney Cruise App
- As soon as you book your reservation, download the app! Once everything is fully paid, you’ll be able to book all your excursions and onboard activities. They sell out super quick so try to do this ASAP. We booked the “Coastal Highlights” excursion in Cabo but I’ll save that for another post 🙂 The app is also where you will get your daily calendar of events and meal schedules. You can also message people within the app and it doesn’t use the WiFi. So convenient!
Join the Facebook Group for you specific group
- Ok honestly, this was SO cool and the most helpful. Just type in your cruise on search and a private Facebook group should pop up. Ours had close to 300 members! A lot of the people in the group have been on a Disney Cruise before so they share all the insider tips. And there are also a lot of first timers asking all the questions. I’m pretty sure I asked about 100 questions lol literally. It’s still cool now cause we are sharing posts from the trip and I was able to connect with people I actually met on the cruise!
Plan Outfits for Themed Nights/Excursions
- If you know me, I love coordinating family outfits! I asked my Facebook group about the themed nights so I knew to pack for Pirate Night and a Formal Night. I ended up packing a lot though because the cruise was chilly, at nights it would go down to 30 degrees but in Cabo it was in the 80s. Definitely check the weather app!
Make sure you have all necessary travel documents
- So I was actually freaking out about passports because I was SO busy the month before our cruise and completely put our passports on the back burner. Luckily, I posted on my IG stories asking where to get passports expedited and people reached out saying we didn’t need one! Huge weight off my shoulders. Since it is a US loop cruise (leaving from and arriving in the US), adults only need their Driver’s License and birth certificate. Kids just need their birth certificate.
Buy what you can before your trip
- Obviously everything at the cruise shops will be a little more expensive so plan ahead and buy what you need before. The characters also give out autographs when you line up to meet them so I bought the kids cute notebooks and colorful pens prior to the trip. People had lanyards for their Key to the World card so if you want that, buy them before. I was fine with just a cross body bag though. Don’t forget to pack up all the Disney stuff you already had!
What to pack in your Embarkment Carry-on Bag
- Because you don’t know what time all of your luggages will be delivered to your room, make sure to pack necessary stuff in your carry-on and/or personal bag. You’re allowed both the way! In my personal bag I packed: a folder with travel documents and some beauty products. In the carry-on, I had the kids toys and extra clothes.
I’m no expert as this was just our first Disney Cruise but that’s definitely what I found super helpful! Hope that helps you out too 🙂 For a mini vlog on our Embarkment Day… click here!
Leave a Reply